Let's look at some interesting numbers between the Pokes and their week three opponent the Northern Colorado Bears.
- 99 - number of miles that separate Laramie and Greeley.
25 - The number of times these two teams have played in football. Wyoming leads with 17 wins, 5 losses and three ties.
- 1895 - The first year Wyoming faced Northern Colorado in football.
- 1949 - The last time these two teams met.
103 - The number of points that Wyoming scored in that most recent game. Still an NCAA record.
- 0 - The number of points that Northern Colorado scored.
- 0 - The number of games that UNC won back in 2011.
- 5 - The number game UNC won in 2012.
- 5 - The number of points that Division 2 CSU-Pueblo beat Northern Colorado by last week.
- 4,619 - The attendance for that game.
- 704 - The number of passing yards that UNC quarterback Seth Lobato has through two games this season.
- 240 - The number of receiving yards WR Dimitri Stimphil has this season. 219 came in week one against Langston.
- 26 - How many points the Pokes are favored by on Saturday.
On paper this looks a serious boot stomping that will take place. Though you can't take anyone for granted. As an FCS school Northern Colorado would love to upset an FBS opponent. As a regional game a win for UNC would be a huge boost for a program that has struggled on the Front Range.
If Wyoming is able to control the game like they did against Idaho, it could allow for some of the backups to see the field. Tommy Thornton took the final series last week when the game was well in hand. It'd be nice to see him play several series and sling it to some of the great receivers that have yet to get a turn in the rotation. There is plenty of depth at that position.