Well I'm glad they hit triple digits against NAIA D2 Peru State. The Pokes were in control the entire time and it was a great way to let the new players on the team get plenty of playing time. Wyoming seemed much improved in the two departments they were weak in last year: three points and rebounding.
- Amath M'Baye with a double double - 19 and 11. Was perfect from the field but was only 2 of 7 on free throws. Early candidate for most improved this year.
- Paco Cruz lit it up tonight 17 points, seven rebounds and three assists. He was three for three on three pointers in his Cowboy debut.
- Desmar Jackson led all scorers with 20 points. Hit both of his treys. Had three of Wyoming's eight turnovers.
- JayDee Lester dished out seven assists in just 16 minutes. Got into foul trouble and sat after his fourth foul.
- Brian Gibson did his job inside grabbing eight rebounds in his debut.
Joe Hudson loves to shoot the three and it shows. All nine of his points came on three pointers and seven of his nine shots were from long range.
- Wyoming out rebounded Peru State 47-31.Hit 13 of 23 three pointers. Not good to hit just 11 of 23 from the charity stripe.
Nice to see Wyoming team dominate their opponent for once. Hope the basketball team will have a few more wins then the football team this year. No awards since it is just an exhibition against a outmatched opponent.
The Pokes start the regular season next Saturday against Kean University a D3 school out of New Jersey.