In order to get ready for the game with TCU we exchanged questions with the Purple Wimple lead blogger for the SB Nation site Frogs O' War. It stinks that we added another Mountain West site this year and then we lose them to another conference. They already posted my answers if you want to check those out.
Here we go!
I think it's just you. The word out of practices has always been that Pachall is learning to take a little mustard off his throws. In the spring game this year he very nearly knocked a receiver (runningback, actually) down, he threw it so hard.
2. Obviously the elevation will be a factor in the game for TCU. How much concern does a temperature below 30 and several inches of snow give the Horned Frogs?
3. Did you really think joining the Big East was a good idea. No seriously, besides AQ status were you really pumped for that grudge match against Rutgers and getting decimated in hoops?
4. Any injury situations we need to watch for?
5. Any weaknesses right now in the 4-2-5 for TCU?
Besides the 4, the 2, and the 5, no, not really. Seriously, TCU's defense this season has been pathetically average (37th against the rush, 61st against the pass; 36th in scoring). TCU misses Jason Teague at corner, Tejay Johnson at free safety, Tanner Brock at linebacker, Cory Grant and Kelly Griffin at d- and nose tackle. There are indications the defense is beginning to gel, but it's taken all year, and is going to seem uncharacteristically porous to the returning Wyoming players. Most Frog fans thought the rebuild this year was going to primarily on offense; but the work in progress has been the defense. Next week Darth Kellen is going to have a field day against TCU. Brett Smith will have a respectible day.
6. Complete the sentence. Wyoming will beat TCU if ____________
it capitalizes on TCU mistakes and doesn't make any itself. Wyoming is going to find holes in the secondary, and be able to pound the ball. If the Cowboys don't turn the ball over, and makes points out of TCU's offensive mishaps, it will keep the game very close, at least.
Predict the score!
TCU 35, Wyoming 28.